Agile Requirements – a 2-day Course
So I can participate in building and managing our product backlog,
I need to collaboratively discover and confirm high-value requirements.
The continuous discovery of high-value requirements is the basis for agile product management. You need to discover the right set of high-value product options while balancing competing stakeholder priorities. You also need to calibrate and confirm requirements to seed your testing activities. Plus, you need to identify ways to validate your choices against their anticipated value. All the while, you must find ways to actively manage an evolving product backlog. But how?
EBG’s Agile Requirements 2-day training is based on a proven approach to product discovery—one that incorporates user stories, story maps, personas, and acceptance criteria. What makes EBG’s training unique and valuable is its integration of the essential practices of the Discover to Deliver™ framework including structured conversations, product optioning and the 7 Product Dimensions that serve to enlighten and energize your agile product discovery. Topics include:
- The 7 Product Dimensions – stop gathering and start discovering
- The Business Value Model – vision, goals, objectives, value considerations
- Product options – identify product value
- Structured Conversations – explore, evaluation, and confirm
- Engage stakeholders as product partners
- User stories with 7 Product Dimensions, estimating
- Agile Discovery Workshops – role play collaborative requirements discovery
- Analysis tools – supplement user stories and scenarios with visual models
- Acceptance criteria – confirm you are building the right product
- Agile planning – product roadmaps, release plans, and iteration plans (Big-View, Pre-View and Now-View)
- Inspect and adapt – understand ways to leverage Discover to Deliver™ practices for your process and context
Boost Your Training Investment
Supplement this training with an EBG-facilitated Product Discovery Workshop or facilitated release planning sessions (or both!) for your product group or team. Contact EBG to find out how.
We knew that our velocity was being constrained by insufficient and inconsistent user story grooming. Fortunately, EBG helped us. It’s been several months since EBG’s training and workshops. We now have a consistent methodology amongst all the teams and I believe we are not only crafting better user stories, but also higher value ones.Neal Herman, Sr Manager Software Quality
Engineering, BD Biosciences
The impact on our quality issues was immediate, as better and more comprehensive requirements at the right time ensured that we were developing the right software with the right focus on testing and quality. Henry Moritz, Manager, R&D Software PMO,
[EBG] helped kick-start our BA team in using agile requirements techniques.Barry Young, Associate Vice President, Business Analysis & UX, HealthStream
The Agile Requirements training was effective in getting us off on the right foot adopting the User Story/User Acceptance Testing model…We have since successfully integrated the practice into our entire engineering organization.Sarah Buck, Manager, Software Requirements & Analysis, EBSCOhost Product Management, EBSCO Publishing
Prior to [EBG’s engagement] we had been struggling with how to write user stories. With [EBG’s] guidance, we gained a solid understanding of them and were able to use them as an effective tool.Steve Brudz, Engineering Manager, The Broad