Vision to Value: Backlog Refinement Practitioner –
a 2-day Course
So I can guide and collaborate with the agile team,
I need to use techniques for agile planning, analysis, and product delivery.
Delivering high-value products requires teams to collaboratively discover the right product to deliver at the right time. Yet, teams struggle with this journey, wrestling with bloated backlogs, ineffective or inconsistent planning, and unpredictable Sprint flow.
In the Backlog Refinement Practitioner training, you learn how to improve product agility and team outcomes through precise and transparent development of “ready” backlog items. You define and refine backlog items across the 7 Product Dimensions, prioritize user stories, and prepare for value-based planning. By using the product’s vision to drive Structured Conversations, you optimize the value in the product backlog, exemplifying the core of Lean and Agile practices.
Learning Outcomes for this Course
Through interactive discussions, examples, and dynamic exercises, you learn to:
Focus on value
- Align value with the product vision
- Use value as the foundation for backlog definition and refinement
- Make transparent, value-based product decisions
- Engineer strong collaboration among customers, business, and technology stakeholders in backlog definition and refinement
- Engage the right people at the right time
Build and refine backlog items
- Explore, evaluate, and confirm product options with Structured Conversations
- Comprehensively refine backlog items across the 7 Product Dimension
- Confirm user stories with clear, unambiguous acceptance criteria
- Prepare backlog items for efficient release and sprint planning
- Slice user stories to be “ready” to get “done”
Learning these skills enables you to serve as a Backlog Refinement Practitioner, prepared to help your stakeholders collaborate as product partners, increase predictability in planning, improve smooth flow throughout sprints, and validate delivery of product value.
Boost Your Training Investment
Add an onsite, EBG-facilitated Product Discovery Workshop or facilitated planning session (or both) to this agile product owner class. Contact EBG to find out how.
Appreciated the focus on the ‘visual’ tools and techniques…use of different engagement techniques… Darin K, HP
The entire [Discovery Board] will be an excellent tool to walk and coach teams through the wider discovery process. David S
The practical examples illustrated a “colorful” palette of techniques, of scenarios, of good practices. E-V.
The overall tools taught are beneficial…I can starting using it in my work, even in my distributed team… Christina T
Can use the techniques for conversation with the entire team in shaping the backlog. Christopher A, Product Owner